In a rush to figure out what the best baby bathtub is? We recommend the Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub.
Parents love baby bathtubs. They allow for a safe place to bathe your newborn and are specifically designed to hold your baby. You are able to wash your baby hassle-free. Not only is it less stressful for you, but it beats the kitchen sink!
But what is the best baby bathtub to suit your needs, and are they as useful as people say?
Here is our top picklist for the best baby bathtub to buy this year:
What Are the Benefits of a Baby Bathtub?
Ease of Use
Let’s face it. You are constantly tired every day—especially if this is your first child. Bathtime may feel like the worst time in the world as there are so many things to think about. Fortunately, the best baby bathtub is designed to help you, not hinder you.
They are fitted with a variety of devices to help new mums as well as experienced mums. Instead of wishing you had two more hands to help, bath time can be something you look forward to.
Some have temperature devices to help you figure out the correct heat. Others have headrests and non-slip bases. They are designed for your child’s comfort.
Having a baby is no easy feat. You can be left with an “unpredictable body” and no way to properly deal with it. Using a baby bathtub means no more leaning over the bath putting pressure on your body.
This is especially good for new mums who are recovering from delivery.
Washing your baby in your regular shower or tub may appear safe, yet you are exposing them to a variety of germs. They are able to touch anything that you may have in your bathroom.
By using the best baby bathtub you have complete control of the situation. You also reduce the risk of transmitting germs to your baby. The tub not only eases your fear but lessens the risk of germs.
Your child is one of the most precious things to you. Because of that, their safety is paramount. The best baby bathtub is designed to take that into consideration.
With a headrest, your baby is able to lay slightly upright without flailing around, causing unwanted stress for both of you. The shape of the tub is designed so that you have complete control throughout the bathtime.
This was particularly helpful with my second child. I was able to bathe my newborn without the worry of moving her around too much. My toddler also loved it as she was able to “help” with bathtime, making it an excellent experience for the whole family.
What to Look for When Buying a Best Baby Babytub?
Choosing the best baby bathtub for you and your baby can be quite difficult. You need to make sure that it suits your needs and comfort.
Type of Bathtubs
There are a variety of styles available on the market at the moment. Some are non-slip, and some are structurally designed.
A simple, inexpensive plastic tub for younger babies. They may allow for babies to sit in an upright position with mesh or fabric slings to hold them.
These can be used throughout all stages of development. They are adjustable and can cater to newborns as well as toddlers.
These are good if you don’t have a lot of storage options and want to save space. They sometimes include suction cups so you can hang to air dry. They can double as a paddling pool in the summer.
These are on the more expensive side but have everything from calming vibrations and shower nozzles to temperature regulation. They are slightly heavier and battery operated.
These are bathtubs that can be at the same height as you. Less bending is needed to bathe your baby.
When thinking about choosing the best baby bathtub, think about the features that they have. If you’re a new mom, sometimes having that helping hand with lots of features is great. On the other hand, if this is not your first baby, you may already know some things that you don’t require.
- Temperature gauge: Experts say the water temperature should be just over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Having a gauge will indicate the perfect heat for your baby.
- Overhang rim: Makes it easier for you to pick up and ensures no scratches for your child.
- Non-slip surface: Children can get slippery when wet. Having this feature will keep your baby in place while bathing.
- Fill line: Always an option to consider so you know that there is no risk of overfilling the tub.
- Drain plug: Makes removing the water quick and easy. It also saves you carrying a tub full of water and trying to drain it yourself.
- Slings: These are an excellent method for newborns to have support in baths. Check thickness and material when looking into them.
Depending on your budget and what you’re looking for, prices can vary from a little to a lot.
The quality of the product changes with the price. If you want a top of the range, decked out baby bath with everything from jets to gauges, you will pay a bit more. If you’re comfortable with a simple plastic sturdy tub then you will pay less. Always remember to look at what the product is made from and whether it is BPA-free.
Price can also vary depending on who you buy it from. If you purchase a used baby bath second hand it may cost only a few bucks, but make sure you clean the bath with a gentle cleaning detergent before use. On the other hand, buying a new one may be slightly more expensive but decreases the risk of germs.
Precautions and Safety Tips
Bisphenol A (BPA) is a chemical that is used in many plastic products. Research states that you are able to find it in plastic packaging as well as toys for your children.
Luckily, there are many alternative material that are designed for children and adults alike. When searching for the best baby bathtub, make sure to check that it is labeled as BPA-free.
Make sure you use a baby bath that was manufactured from October 2017 onwards. This way they will comply with the current US Consumer Product Safety Commission Standards.
Get everything ready ahead of time. Have spare towels next to the bath as well as all the required sponges and soaps that you will be using. Babies get cold easily, especially when they are young.
You will forget items, don’t worry. Everybody does sometimes. I remember doing it myself with my firstborn. It gets easier.
Practice infant water safety so that you are prepared when giving your child a bath.
How to Bathe Your Baby Safely?
Take a look at the below video to learn how to bathe your baby safely:
Two Hands Are Better Than One
Always make sure one hand is on your child and never leave them unattended. This not only ensures that they are supported, it keeps you close and aware of everything that is going on.
Having your partner there to help you will not only make things easier, but bring enjoyment to all the family. If he is not able to be there, don’t worry. You’ve got this. Bathing comes with practice and soon you’ll be doing it like a pro.
Bathtime is meant to be an enjoyable experience. Saying that, for the first few times your child may cry.
Try to relax them by gently singing to them or distract them with a favorite toy. They will quieten down and start to enjoy the new sensations that bathing brings.
Best Baby Bathtub Reviews
1. Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub – The Best 4-in-1 Baby Bathtub
This product’s 4-in-1 feature not only allows you to use it when your baby is a newborn, but all the way up to being a toddler. This is especially helpful as it means you don’t have to go out and buy another bathtub for your child.
Its soft, supportive insert and stopper helps prevent the baby sliding—meaning less stress for you. This is great for first time mums who are giving baths without extra help as the baby is less likely to move around and squirm.
The Stage 3: Sit Me Up Support is beneficial to your child’s development as it allows them to gain confidence in sitting while enjoying bathtime.
- Four stage convertible bath from newborn to toddler.
- Mesh swing for added comfort for newborns.
- Supportive insert to prevent slipping.
- Convenient hook for drying.
- Fits most sinks and adult tubs.
- Comes with its own unique rinsing bottle and scoop.
- The newborn swing is not adjustable so you can only have your child at one angle.
- Plug is located at the bottom of the tub so requires work to unplug, especially if used on a flat surface.
2. The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub – Best Affordable Baby Bathtub
This ergonomic design has a detachable infant swing included for use with newborns and has a spacious tub for infants and toddlers. This feature would be really useful if you already have a toddler or are planning on having another child in the near future.
Due to its curved rim, this tub is easy to pick up, move, and place anywhere with ease. This enables less work for you when lifting the bath and causes less strain on your body.
Clean this model easily—the sling is machine washable and the anti-slip pads are resistant to mildew.
- Mesh sling is machine washable and dryable.
- The anti-slip pads are mildew resistant.
- Can be used for all ages up to toddlers.
- Color changing plug to alert if water temperature is too hot.
- Sling is machine washable and dryable.
- Due to design, easy for baby to slip even with the pads in.
- The size of the tub means it’s hard to store in your house.
3. Skip Hop Moby Baby Bath Tub 3 in 1 Smart Sling – Best Playful Baby Bathtub
The mesh Smart Sling on this Skip Hop whale tub provides two different locked-in positions for your baby when bathing. This would have been particularly helpful when I was transitioning my daughter from sling to bath as it would have helped with her sitting upright.
The non-slip interior texture will not only make bathtimes easier as you will not be worried about your baby slipping, it will also provide extra comfort for your child.
The fun aesthetic design brings enjoyment to bathtime and some great photos for the grandparents!
- Two lock features to support child in sling.
- No uncomfortable plastic bumps to hurt your child.
- Non-slip texture on interior helps with support.
- Swivel hook for hanging and storage.
- Tub is quite small so once baby grows they may no longer fit.
- Locking technique can easily fit small fingers in as there is no cover for it.
4. Angelcare Baby Bath Support – Best Modern Baby Bath Support
This product is not only modern in design, it features soft-touch material which is gentle for your baby’s skin and perfect for bathtime. Its compact shape means it’s easy to control everything that is going on and support your child.
The Angelcare support is made from durable and lightweight plastic, meaning that it will keep its shape over time, even after washes. As well as being BPA-free, the water can drain freely through it, making it mildew resistant.
You’ll need to use this product in your normal bathtub or large sink, as it’s just a support. It will last until your baby is around six months old or weighs 20 pounds. Once your little one is sitting up, you’ll want to use something else.
- Soft touch material is soothing for baby’s skin.
- Soft bottom lip—easily placeable anywhere.
- Mildew resistant.
- Designed for your newborn’s comfort.
- Quick drying and easy to store.
- Only supports a child up to six months, not a long term baby bath.
- Venting can allow for lots of air to pass, causing babies to become colder quicker.
5. PRIMO EuroBath – Best Classic Baby Bathtub
This baby bath by Primo retains the classic shape that we have all come to know baby baths for. It is one of the largest baby baths available on the market currently, meaning that you’re able to use it for up to 24 months. This is a good feature if your child is still not fully comfortable with the big bath, you can use this to slowly introduce them.
Its unique and simple shaping on the inside supports your baby’s legs and forearms, causing them to be in the ideal bathing position. This prevents them from slipping underwater.
This product also features two compartments for storing your shampoo, sponges, and toys. This is a convenient feature as everything will be in one place so your focus will stay on your child throughout the whole bath.
- Large and can be used for up to 24 months.
- Optional folding bath stand available for added support.
- Two compartments for toys, shampoos, and sponges.
- Easy to clean plastic construction.
- Storing the bath is difficult due to the size.
- Many different ridges on the inside create little space if your toddler wants to play.
6. Puj Tub – The Soft, Foldable Baby Bathtub – Best Storable Baby Bathtub
This foldable bathtub is perfect for moms who need to save space or who travel often. Its bendy design enables you to fit it in any sink and store it away for future use. I wish that I had this when I lived in my small apartment and had limited space.
It is made from durable non-slip PVC and BPA-free material. This complies with American standards so it is safe for use for your baby.
You do not have to bend or squat over a bath. This is a great choice for moms who had a C-section and are still recovering from it.
- Perfect for moms who are recovering from C-sections.
- Easy to store.
- Foldable design to fit in any sink.
- Mildew resistant due to closed cell foam material.
- Doesn’t absorb the water.
- Only usable for up to six months so not a long-term bath.
- Lightweight foam not as sturdy as plastic.
7. Blooming Bath Lotus – Best Alternative Baby Bathtub
This is a great alternative to the classic baby bathtubs that you are used to seeing. Its unique design is not only colorful and interesting, it will make bathtime more playful.
The four soft petals are designed to fit into your sink in an optimal way. This is good if you are fed up of leaning over the sink as your baby will be placed in a position so that no leaning is necessary.
The easy clean design is perfect for a mom in a rush. Pop it in the washer and dryer on the delicate setting and it will be as good as new when it comes out.
- Design brings added comfort for your child.
- Washer and dryer safe.
- Easy to secure baby inside.
- Colorful and eye-catching designs.
- Can be used in both sink and bath—perfect for growing children.
- Can only be used up to six months old so not a long-term investment.
- No real support so can be difficult to use.
8. Disney Nemo Inflatable Safety Bathtub – Best Bargain Baby Bathtub
This inflatable baby bath is not only great for travel, it is one of the cheapest on the market at the moment. This product is great for moms who want to save a few bucks as well as space in their home.
It has a non-slip bottom which is great for children as well as a water temperature display to indicate whether the water is too hot or not. Having both of these features is good as they will enable a safe bath for your baby.
This Nemo-inspired product also has large storage pockets to store all your soaps and shampoos in. This is useful as everything is within arms reach and easy to access, meaning you will always focus on your child.
- Easy to pack up and use on the go.
- Temperature indicator.
- Non-slip bottom.
- Large pockets to store shampoo and other items.
- Kid-friendly design.
- Have to inflate and deflate for every use.
- Not practical for newborns due to the design of product.
9. Baby Brielle Portable Infant to Toddler Foldable 3-in-1 Bath tub – Best Luxury Baby Bathtub
This is one of the most expensive baby baths on the market but it is also one of the most luxurious ones available. It will last for years too, the manufacturer specifies from zero to six years.
It has an all-in-one, foldable compact design which means it can be stored anywhere. This is particularly good as it also has its own support system with non-slip designs on both of the legs. This raised feature is good for new moms as you do not have to lean over the sink or bath to bathe your child.
It also has a built-in temperature sensor and insulation. This is useful as the water in your bath will stay warm, meaning you don’t have to cut bathtime short. I would have loved this when my daughter was younger as by the time she got settled and I could do anything the water had started to get luke-warm.
- Drain color is temperature regulated and will change color at 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Insulated bottom keeps water warm.
- Foldable design means it is easy to store.
- Comes with rinsing cup for washing baby.
- Safety lock feature on legs and supporting racks.
- Non-slip design.
- Lasts for many years as your child grows.
- Not mold-resistant.
- Difficult to clean.
Time for a Bath!
For an all-around, affordable, long-term baby bathtub, go for the Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub.
Not only is it an adjustable tub meaning it can be used for newborns up to toddlers, its non-slip design is perfect for children and paramount for safety.
As well as being BPA-free, it also has all of the key features you look for when buying a baby bath such as an overhang rim, a max fill line, and comfort.
As far as the best baby bathtubs go, in my opinion this is the top choice. It’s easy to use, comfortable for your child, and durable for years to come.